CONTENUTI MARK 66
Next Architects; 5+1AA; Nathan Crowley/Zach Grobler; Space Group; Studio Gang; Infographic; AL_A; Buchner Bründler; Cláudio Vilarinho
Perspective: Music Venues
- Toyo Ito’s National Taichung Theatre in Taiwan is a stunning building, with rough spots.
- In spite of setbacks, Jacques Herzog and Pierre De Meuron were finally able to open their Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg.
- The National Music Centre by Allied Works is a catalyst for a blighted Calgary neighbourhood.
- Coop Himmeb(l)au creates an impressive showcase in the Chinese city of Shenzen
- Stuio Fuksas’s Convention Centre in Rome features a free-shaped auditorium, floating in a glass box
- When they design buildings, Masahiro and Mao Harada of Mount Fuji Architects have trees in mind
- The Longquan International Bamboo Architecture Biennale in Baoxi, China, is both an architecture exhibition and the creation of a community
- Lily Jencks teamed up with Nathanael Dorent to build her own retreat in a corner of the family-owned country estate in Scotland
- Smart Design Studio turned a house for an art lover in Sydney into a work of art in itself
- Search transforms a former farmhouse into a home for a family two owls and a few goats
- Robert Meyer talks about publishing, processes and the importance of being pragmatic